• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/4 cup canola oil**
• 4 cups large oat flakes
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine brown sugar, honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon, salt and almonds. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
5. Spread granola mixture over a cookie sheet (sprayed with pam) and press mixture down.
6. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart and into pieces.
8. Store in a glass jar with lid
**Use your preference of oil, canola, vegetable, or even coconut oil, etc.
NutritionCalories: 166kcal I Carbohydrates: 29g I Protein: 3g I Fat 5g I Saturated Fat 1g I Sodium: 40mg I Potassium: 88mg IFiber: 2g I Sugar: 16g I Vitamin C: 1 mg I Calcium: 18mg I Iron: 1 mg