Harissa is a hot chile paste ubiquitous in North African cuisine and made from a variety of spicy chiles. We use our own hand chosen chiles (including African birdseye chiles) and finely grind them, then blend with other traditional spices to create our Harissa Spice Blend.
Harissa is found throughout North Africa as a hot chile paste used as a seasoning and condiment. Hot chiles are mixed with garlic other spices such as coriander and cumin. Blended with oil, it becomes a thick, pasty sauce with bright, hot flavor. Harissa is used to season and marinate grilled meats and seafood, couscous, sauces, soups and stews.
Our Harissa Spice Blend captures the bold, smoky flavor of the classic sauce using an all-natural blend of fiery chiles, garlic, tomato, and warm spices. This versatile dry seasoning allows you to add to bright, piquant flavor of harissa to almost any recipe, from soups and stews to French fries or popcorn. Our Harissa Spice Blend can even be mixed with oil to create a spin on traditional harissa hot sauce.
Ingredients: Chile Powder, Chile Flake, Cumin, Coriander, Caraway, Sumac, Garlic, Paprika, Salt, Citric ac Sumac, Tomato powder, Red Wine Vinegar Powder
* Create a bold, spicy rub for roasted and grilled meats
* Add Harissa Spice Blend to olive oil and chopped garlic to create this classic condiment
* Use to flavor soups, stews, salads, vegetables and egg dishes
* Create a spicy, refreshing dip for fresh vegetables by combining our Harissa Spice Blend with tangy yogurt
* Try in place of mustard on sandwiches
* Add a pinch to vinaigrettes, dressings and sauces.
* Use to season steaks, chops, burgers, chicken, prawns or shrimp, fish, or vegetables before grilling.
* Sweat minced shallots in butter, add wine or sherry, reduce, and then off the heat whisk in butter and harissa powder to make a luxurious Harissa Beurre Blanc.
* Toss whole blanched almonds in olive oil, salt and harissa blend and toast in the oven.
* Add to vegetables at the start of cooking.
* Whip softened butter with harissa blend, add chopped cilantro to make a compound butter for steak or fish.
* Add a pinch to lightly sweetened whipped cream or crème fraiche to make a great garnish for chocolate cake.
Photo: Our Harissa Spice Blend infuses these crispy baked sweet potatoes with the spicy flavor of chiles and a complex array of savory spices, while our Hickory Smoked Sea Salt adds rich smokiness. The combination of sweet, spicy and smoky makes this dish an addictive side option for everything from burgers to grilled chicken.